Who is the best friend of Mister Tea ? Sir Scone of course !
Tell me, are you as crazy of those as me ? Really they are so great with some butter and jam or cream... Humm yummi.
Well before savouring a nice afternoon tea with both of ours new friends, lets make Scones.
To make around ten of them, you will need:
280gr of flour
60g of butter
40gr of sugar
160gr of liquid cream
12gr of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 220°
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together
- Add the butter in pieces and "Sabler" the paste (work it between you finger until it looks like sand)
- Mix the egg with the sugar until it has a creamy texture then add the liquid cream and mix it again.
- Add a little by little the liquid to the sandy paste.
- When your paste is done, make it 3 to 4 cm high and cut it with a 5cm cookie cutter.
- Put some cream on the top of the "paste balls" and cook them 14min.
- Make yourself some tea and it one (or more) of those while they steel warm ^^
I really hope that you will like that recipe. Have a nice day today, amitié Charline.